Friday, September 5, 2008

Landell Walkathon

Today was Ladell's second Annual Walkathon. The kids had so much fun. They started with a picture of the school and then were dismissed to upper and lower grade level tracks. The kids then walked/ran for 30 minutes. After the thirty minutes the children rotated around to three different stations; A snack station, a prize station and a class picture station. This fund raiser made $20,000 dollars and was so easy to do. Students at Landell Elementry --- Both Jacob and Caden are about halfway back on the right side of the photo.Caden is making a funny face. (Click on the Photo to see an enlarged image) Grant Rummler , and Jacob running around the upper grade track. Caden on the lower grade track. I love how in the upper grade track everyone is moving in the same direction and has a flow pattern. The lower graders were all over the place. Some going the wrong direction, parents tying shoes and taking pictures while on the track. Kids stopped and waiting for others to catch up. I had to post some pictures of Karley and Siena at the park this week. Cypress remodeled Veterans Park so I took the two girls over there to check it out. They had sooo much fun. When we got there they started screaming in the car and tring to get themselves out of their car seats. As soon as they were out of the car they took off for the playground. They were having such a good time that they didn't want to leave. Siena and Karley on the swings. This was their favorite part. The park has two of these red chair swings. I think the redesigning was to be more wheel chair friendly but the chair swing works great for toddlers too. They each got their own swing which they loved being on, but they had a great time and still fit when I put them on the same swing together and it made for a cute picture.
Jacob was so proud of his first fourth grade project that I thought I would put this in. Jacob had to make a map of California showing all four regions and it's boarders. He had so much fun making the map out of salt and flour. It reminded me of when I was in fourth grade making the same map. I guess some things never change.

1 comment:

Michelle Campbell said...

What a cool idea for a fundraiser for the school. You're gonna have to email me and tell me how they did it all. (I'm on the PTO this year at school). I loved the pics of the girls. They are so cute! Awesome map Jacob. I loved that big yellow state you made. So cool. :) haha. Luv and miss you guys!