Wednesday, December 3, 2008

superposting

Okay, I know I haven't posted in quite a while. I thought that after November 4th everything would calm down but life is still busy. I was released as the Primary choristor and called to be the First Councelor in the Young Womens. I still am the bear cub scout den mother as well. So between those two calling, helping out at school and soccer practices life is crazy. (Just the way it should be!!! HAHA) November has passed by so I thought I would give a highlight of the month. Jacob's 4th Grade class recently went on a field trip to Newport Beach's Back Bay. It was a fun field trip the kids got to birs watch, learn about Native American artifacts, and the bay's ecosystem. As the children would cross the main street (picture above) they had to march.
A group of 4th graders bird watching.
4th graders learning about the estuary plant life.
Jacob loved when his naturalist showed the kids the talins of a hawk. He let them feel how sharp they are. Thanksgiving Week was spent with the Weaver family. The night before Thanksgiving my neices had a slumber party at my house. In the morning I had to make some jello salads. While I was cooking they were making up dances to Grandma got run over by a raindeer. (I remember those days of getting together with cousins and making up dances and then performing them at a talent show.) Karley watched the girls dance a even joined in a few times. Then my neices asked if I had anything they could make costumes out of. I told them I had some old dance costumes in my garage. They fit the girls great. The funniest part was that Karley wanted to know where her "pretties" were. I got out here Halloween costume so she could join in. Well after the jello was set we headed over to my in-laws house where all the girls performed. After the girls did a dance the boys wanted to copy Karley's bounce up and down dance so they took the girl's costumes and did their own dance. It was pretty funny.
Brock, Breeana, Geneieve, Lyndsay,
Tyler, Caden, Tatumn( hidden by Ava's head- sorry this was the best shot I got) Alex and Karley after the talent show at Grandma Weaver's
Boys doing their dance Tyler, Caden Brock and Alex Sorry I was the DJ so most of my shots were from the back.
Girl's singing a Chirstmas song.
Karley doing her solo performace while the big girls had a costume change.
All the little girls playing with uncle Travis. They loved to bounce on his knees My nephew Andrew turned 4 this month so my family went to the Long Beach Aquarium. I thought my boys were going to get board but they had a great time showing the littler ones all around the aquarium. (Both my boys have been there on school field trips so they thought they knew everything about the place.)
Long Beach Aquarium-- Drews 4th Birthday Party!! Jacob and Drew looking at a seal swimming under water. We were in a glass tunnel so you could watch and see how the seals swim. After touching the sharks and rays the kids went into the bird area and got to feed the birds some nector. We didn't get any pictures of Jacob feeding the birds because the bird Jacob tried to feed grabbed the cup, drank the nector-while still holding the cup and then tossed the cup on the ground. I wish I had gotten a video clip of it but I didn't.
Caden feeding the birds
Paul feeding the birds
Karley and Siena looking at the fish. I deleted the pictures of the aquarium from my camera by accident while I was on the field trip with Jacob's class. So I used Staci's pictures. I had a cute one of all the kids in front of this awsome tank but it is gone now!! So this will have to do. Sorry no pictures of the rest of the kids at the aquarium.
I know that I havn't been keeping up with blogging, but I still read your bloggs every week. Thanks for sharing all the happenings of your life with me. I love keeping in touch with family and friends even if it is mostly through blogging.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Busy times. I loved seeing the field trip pictures. I can't believe how much those kids have grown up. I still remember them as kindergartners! Boy time flies.