Saturday, January 31, 2009

Little Scientist + Soda + Candy=FUN

This afternoon Jacob invited some friends over to help him do the experiment part of his science fair project. We tried to find rain ponchos for the boys to wear but after hitting three different stores and having no luck finding any we resorted to wearing trash bags. Yes they were greatly needed. Danny, Jacob, Nikketh, and Caden posing before the soda geyser's party.
First you get a bottle and the candies all loaded up in the tube. Then you slide all the candies as fast as you can down in the bottle and watch the geyser go.
This was one of our early soda launches and we hadden't perfected our geyser skills.
This doesn't look very exciting but since I got this shot at the end of the soda fountain you can't see how high it was. Take a look at the bottle on the table and notice that it isn't very full. That because all the soda erupted out.
This is one of our successful lanches. We had some that went even higher then this.
Over all the boys had a great time but were a very sticky mess when we were done.

5 comments:

Jessica Hughes said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the posts, Wendy!!! Your kids are sooo fun and you and Colby are such fun parents! Love the Geysers!!! I'm going to do that with my kids when the weather gets nicer!!! I LOVE the picture of Colby's grandparents anniversary! What a blessing to be able to be together for that long! You guys should get a video journal of them! (then send me a copy!) I love you and miss you! I'm so glad we got to see you guys in Vegas! Love you,
Jessica

Kami said...

This looks like a lot of fun what kind of candy causes this kind of "geyser" reaction?

The Mudmom said...

That looks way fun, I am totally gonna do that with my kiddos. They will have a blast. Mentos and which soda did he conclude in his science experiment went the highest?

Michelle Campbell said...

That is AWESOME!!! Send me the details on that one! We'll use it some time. :) Great pics!

weavers said...

Hey Wendy! This blogging stuff is awesome, you get to find old friends! I was Jessica's neighbor in Henderson growing up and we all used to hang out over the summers. Hopefully you remember, anyway, I was talking to a girl in my ward that I think you know too...Jacinta! Small world huh?! Anyway, your kids are way cute, and the soda post looks like tons of fun! You'll have to send me the details!
Kaylene