Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Crazy little thing called life!!!

Just after spring break our family went out to Indio CA (Palm Springs area.) We went to the Stagecoach festival. The stagecoach festival is a weekend long multi singer concert. Colby got some tickets from a friend so we took the family and had a great time. We combined our wanting to go camping trip along with it. I will admit I was a littl hesatant at first about combining the two activities. We found a great camp ground with a lake and pool and it made the trip wonderful. Karley, Caden, Mom and Jake headed to the lake.
Waiting for Brad Paisley's concert to start
The gang chillin at the festival.
Hanging out in the tent. We had so much fun playing games and wrestling.
Yes, even at a loud, crouded concert a two year old needs her afternoon nap. I took Karley on a walk to find a less crouded and shady stage so that Karley could take a nap they just happened to have bails of hay to lay her on when she fell asleep.
Jacob, Karley and Caden rockn out to Reba MacIntyre. This happened to be one of the highlights of the concert for my boys. Believe it or not my boys love her.
The lake was great until Jacob and Caden noticed that there were several bees that were in the water almost dead. They decided to start a rescue mission and just as I took this picture Jacob got the first bee sting followed by Caden's bee sting only moments later. (I told them it would happen.) This was the low point of the trip. Besides this the trip was sooooo much fun!
More hangin out listening to country music.
I have to sat my kids are so lucky I was about 17 or 18 before I went to my first concert. These guys got a whole weekend of fun and soooo many artist I can't even remember who was all there.
I just thought this was so cute I had to put it in.
This had nothing to do with the festival but I thought it was a cute cousin picture so here it is.
I love that in this picture I have nephews from both sides of our family and they are having a great time together. Caden, Brock(Colby's brother's son) Drew (my brother's son)

No comments: