Sunday, June 28, 2009

Karley's play dates

For a while now I have been watching a little boys in our ward named Andrew once a week. His dad is in the US Coast Guard Researves and has been deployed for the passed 9 months. Andrew's dad is coming home this week. We are so grateful for his service to our country and am happy to say that he is returning safe and sound but this also means that these play dates are coming to a close. What started out as a service to someone who was doing for my family and country something that I was not able to do for myself turned into such a blessing for us. (Amazing how that seems to happen, when we take the time to serve we end us blessed beyond what we gave.) Karley has loved the play dates she has become such a social kids, has learned to share and play with others. Last week since it was such a warn day we went to the beach. We went to Huntington Harbor. It is perfect for toddlers. There is everything they could want: a park, shells, small small waves, boats coming and going, yet the right amount of water that they have fun. Karley and Andrew playing on the swings.
Karley had her first almost slumber party. She and cousin Mat who came over last week had a fun day. By that evening it was time to get wind down so they made a fort in Karley's pop-up play house in Karley's room. Aunt Johanna got back before they had fallen asleep by within minutes of Mat's leaving Karley was out. Johanna said Mat was the same way. I love how much fun my kids have with their cousins.

1 comment:

Michelle Campbell said...

Aren't cousins the BEST!!! :) I know I LOVED my cousins growing up!... and still do!!