Saturday, June 20, 2009

Youth Conference

This year for youth conference our stake played "the Game of Life." Here are a few pictures from that game. Youth conference was on the same weekend as my kids school carnival so I didn't get to participate in all of it but what I did go to was so much fun. Here are a few pictures of conference. I didn't take a single picture of my kidsa at the school carnival. I was incharge of the food for the carnival so I never stopped long enough to take a picture, but the carnival was sooo much fun. This was a few of the snack shops the kids could spend ther money on during the game of life. All of the food venues were named after member's of the stake presidency. There was also a Willie Wynder's chocolate shop. (Bill Wynder is our stake pres. )
The booths in the back all had carnival games in them and the weights were all used for weight lifting contest. You could get lots of money for winning.
This was the temple that was built on the stage. Basicly most of the cultural hall was taken up by "worldly stuff while the classrooms had things like the mtc, church, etc. At the end of the game all the prizes, money and things that the kids had colleted were taken from then at "judgement day"and put in the trash. They were then handed passes and put into there kingdom according to how many of the "blessing cards" each kid had earned. It was such a reminder to me of how much the "worldly" stuff isn't going to matter in the end. All of the "stuff" that we collect isn't going with us into the next life. I didn't get a chance to take pictures during the actually game just during the set up. I was in the church handing out blessing.

3 comments:

Kami said...

Hi, I loved your Youth Conference!!! Just the decorations were unbelievable! Looks like a blast!!

Unknown said...

My mom was telling me all about this but she didn't have any pictures to show me. I'm glad you got some so I could see how awesome it was!

starstruck_texan said...

Did your stake put this on by yourselves??? We are looking to do something like that in 2013. I would love to talk to you. starstruck_texan@yahoo.com